Podcast Episode #23
Topic: interview with Jesse Skalitzky from Pink & Blue Surrogacy and Fertility
Intro: In this episode Kali interviews Jesse from Pink & Blue Surrogacy. Jesse manages the agency Kali used for her surrogacy process. Listen in as we chat about Jesse’s history in the business, why she started Pink & Blue as well as what to expect in the process if you are looking to pursue it.
- Nationally, ART (assisted reproductive technology) accounted for 1.9% of all infants born in the United States https://www.cdc.gov/art/state-specific-surveillance/index.html
- Hundreds of babies born each year through gestational surrogacy
- History of Pink & Blue/Why?
- Went to UW, cell bio major/worked in ART lab (student embryologist)
- History of egg donation
- Became a surrogate and did it three times
- P&B started during second surrogacy (started helping in 2008 and established business in 2010)
- How did you get into it?
- Loved being pregnant, wanted to help others
- Saw a need to start the business and streamline process
- How do you find surrogates/how do they find you?
- Found online normally, has office space in Waterloo, WI
- Business is everywhere, lots of online work and big reach across the country
- ASRM, governing body of agency/surrogacy
- What do you offer? Fertility services?
- Surrogacy support services
- Fertility support, for those who are starting reproductive life and need help
- How do you manage it all plus home life?
- Trial and error, custom process for each but has multiple cases
- What’s next for the agency?
- New website
- Getting word out for new carriers/recommit previous ones
Takeaway: reach out to Jesse if you’re considering being a carrier or need support through the fertility process
Outro: Thanks for listening! Take time to subscribe and rate our show on your preferred listening platform, it helps other awesome people like you find us! You can find Sara and Infinity Wellness & Chiropractic on her website or social media outlets-Facebook and Instagram. Kali is also reachable online as well as Facebook and Instagram.
Find Jesse at: