Podcast Episode #20
Topic: Listener Q&A
What are you into now?
- Sara – Reading The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- Kali-Backyard Bounty Podcast+Heritage Acres Market
We have reached our 20th episode! And to celebrate we wanted YOUR input so we put the call out to get listener questions for a fun Q&A episode. We’re doing this because we think you deserve to hear all sides of the story so you can make the best decision for you and your family. We care about you. We are inspired by the human body and we want you to feel empowered with knowledge, too.
We are looking forward to diving into your questions and have a range of topics to cover within this show. Let’s get started…
- Are multivitamins worth it? And how to pick a good one?
- Yes. Take one. Our soil is depleted and who knows the state of the soil in other countries growing produce for us. Multivitamins help fill in the gaps in vitamins and minerals for this reason. But baseline, fulfill nutritional deficiencies first with a well rounded, whole foods diet
- Medications deplete nutrients such as birth control–>b vitamins, statin–>Co-Q 10, acid blockers–>B12, zinc, magnesium, BP meds–>magnesium
- What supplements we use, brands?
- Orthomolecular, NOW for random things like methyl-folate, Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder. Take Vitamin D3+K2, multi, fish oil, magnesium, protein powder
- Xymogen, Orthomolecular, Smarty Pants, Garden of Life, NOW, Balrean’s, Floradix
- Stevens Point Co-Op, Stevens Point Nutrition Discount Center
- How do our outdoorsy significant others feel about our healthy lifestyle?
- Fave workouts for busy moms?
- From Wisconsin-fave cheese and fave way to prep venison?
- When your wellness principles conflict, how do you make a decision? As a simple example, you advocate against MSG, but promote jerky, bacon, sausage and other processed meats that often contain MSG as healthy protein choices. Do you have established priorities that help you work through these conflicts?
- Similarly: when you make a decision that doesn’t prioritize “wellness” in maybe the stereotypical sense, do you feel like you have cheated and try to make up for it, or do you accept it as the best way forward in the moment? For example(s), ordering pizza, driving instead of walking, skipping that meditation practice… are these failures, or part of overall life balance (and ultimately, wellness)?
- That’s life. When wellness happens more often than not, I can’t feel bad about being human and doing these things. It’s about awareness and consistency.
- Stuck on a deserted island and can have a book and one piece of workout equipment, what would you want with you?
Takeaway: subscribe, rate and review, the biggest ask is to leave a review so others like you can find us! The show notes we often refer to live at infinitywellnessandchiropractic.com. Check them out.
Outro: Thanks for joining us for this episode of Tangents Podcast. We hope you learned something new and can implement at least one tip for improving your health and life. In fact, please share this information. We want to positively impact as many people as possible. Subscribe on Itunes, Spotify, Google and Stitcher. We would love it if you would leave us a review on Apple podcasts and tell your friends about us, too. You can find Kali on Facebook by searching for Sweet Spot Nutrition as well as @kali.sweetspotnutrition on Instagram. You can find Dr. Sara on Facebook at Infinity Wellness And Chiropractic as well as searching @infinitywellness_chiropractic on Instagram. Thank you for joining us today. Until next time, be happy and be well.